Sure Start Children's Centres are an exciting initiative that aims to support children under 11 years and their families. From pregnancy through to primary school, Children's Centres in Surrey are there to support you. You can access a range of services all in one place. As your child makes friends and learns as they play, you can get advice on family matters and find out about training opportunities. Sure Start Children's Centres have helped lots of children and families in Surrey already.
The Children's Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
We offer the following services for children and their families:
Education and Childcare
• Signposting to other local providers of early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years
• Lots of family fun and learning opportunities such as stay and play sessions, music and song, story times, baby groups and special events
Family Support and Outreach work
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the Children's Centre by qualified Outreach Workers:
• Information on and access to local services for children and their families
• Parenting support including courses or just someone to talk to
• Access to dedicated Outreach Workers
Child and Family Health Services
We work closely with our local Health colleagues based in Epsom to support access to a range of healthcare services such as:
• Speech & Language Therapy
• Community Midwives
• Health Visiting Team
The Children's Centre works closely with health colleagues in Epsom to provide workshops and advice on:
• Antenatal & Postnatal Bumps and Babes sessions
• Breastfeeding support
• Healthy Eating & Starting Solids workshops and information
• Health & Safety
Links to Jobcentres and Training Providers
Co-ordinated services including:
• Advice on entering the workforce
• Information and/or support to access Citizens Advice Bureau serivces
• Basic skills training - various courses run here at the Children's Centre and in the Epsom & Ewell Borough.
All training where possible will be supported by crèche facilities or funded approved childcare.
"The children's centre has everything a family could need under one roof, company, professional advice, a friendly welcome and approachable staff; what more could anyone want?"
Nicola, mum of three.